In 2017, FactSet and Greenwich Associates interviewed portfolio managers, chief investment officers, and asset management analysts across the United States, Europe, and Asia to better understand the global shift from actively managed funds to passive, index-tracking strategies.
In this webcast, Richard Johnson of Greenwich Associates and John Adam of FactSet sift through our findings and answer key questions:
- How do today’s portfolio managers view the shift from active to passive?
- How will economic uncertainty affect growth rates and asset-price correlations, and what opportunities will emerge for active managers?
- According to most portfolio managers, what will trigger a shift back to active? Why might they be proven wrong?
- How do active portfolio managers plan to compete with their passive counterparts?
- What role will alternative data play in helping active managers remain competitive?